Jay Klesitz wrote about "RE: [leaf-user] WISP-Dist + Linksys (prism2 )wireless card":

> Vladimir,
>
> I don't see how its a broad question. I have a linksys WMP-11 wireless card,

I called it broad because you didn't specify the actual problem
that you have. From what I understand now your card is not found
at all.

> it is based on the prism2 chipset. It is a PCI interface.

The question is - is it a PLX based card, PCMCIA-PCI adapter
based card, or a Prism2.5 PCI card?

> When the PCMCIA module loads, it loads the i82365.o module. I believe this
> is for the orinoco, which I do not have. Where is the prism2.o module? How

No, i82365 is for card services; if it sucessfully loads, then
you have a PCMCIA-PCI adapter. What does "cardctl status" say?

> is this loaded?

If you have a PCI Prism 2.5x card, you should use hostap_pci
module. If you have a PLX card, you should use hostap_plx module.
Just add those modules to /etc/modules, save the configuration
and reboot. In future releases I will change /etc/modules so
that those modules are already there.

--
Best Regards,
Vladimir