Keep it simple:
     Dowload or buy from cheapbytes  Debian Potato,
     Install on a seperate disk you can boot from.
     Compile there.

   If you don't want to learn Debian package mgmt, can't blame you,
   everything is in a  .tgz file somewhere.

I put the new Apache 1.3.26 with mod_ssl on LRP this way, piece of cake.

wing newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 07/26/2002 10:47:24 AM