Hello Godfired

> I have transferred my Bering-rc3 files to a hard disk and boots up ok.  I added
>more programs to syslinux.cfg but found out that not all were started
> and that defeats the whole purpose of booting from the hard disk.
> Is there any other way to add more programs tp syslinux.cfg?
What is the reason that they are not starting.
look at the bootup screen if they ar nf means they are not found,
perhaps a typo.
If they are just ignored,  then your syslinux.cfg has to much characters.
In the last case there is an easy work around.
create a file lrpkg.cfg  on your boot media
copy in this file everyhing that is written after LRP=
so if you have  LRP=root,etc,ppp......
the content of lrpkg.cfg is
root,etc,ppp........

After booting the all package devices are checked for this file.

regards
Eric Wolzak
member of the bering crew