At 09:06 PM 7/31/02 +0400, Vladimir B. Savkin wrote:
>Thus spake Ray Olszewski:
> > At 01:01 PM 7/31/02 +0400, Vladimir B. Savkin wrote:
> > >Thus spake Kory Krofft:
> > [...]
> >
> > >'options=48' parameter will force eepro100 module to 100baseTX-FD
> >
> > Just to avoid confusion -- the eepro and eepro100 modules are
> different. My
> > earlier response in this thread was with regard to eepro (which My Kroft
> > says he is using), not eepro100.
>
>Does eepro module support any 100Mbit devices? Comment at the start
>of the source file seems to say it does not.

I have no idea what actual NIC hardware this module supports ... I have
never actually used it ... but I don't see anything at the beginning of my
source file (2.4. 17 from Debian) that addresses this issue clearly, either
way.

I just figured that Mr. Kroft knew the right name for the module he was using.

If not ... well, this is why I keep saying that prople who post questions
need to get the details right. I do recallhis saying it was an on-mobo NIC,
and matching them to appropriate modules is sometimes a bit screwy.

--