Dave,

Look in:

http://twegner.dynodns.net/dave

You can download either the executable

http://twegner.dynodns.net/dave/mii-diag

 or the tar.gz (tgz) package.

http://twegner.dynodns.net/dave/miidiag.tgz

The only reason to download the package is that the compression
provides a degree of confidence that the downloaded file is OK. The
source file is there also.

To the list - this mii diagnostic tool looks useful. Should I package
it as a lrp package? I suppose I could compile a few other NIC
diagnostic programs and add them to the package.

BTW, Dave,  you could have compiled this yourself. It doesn't seem to
use any special libraries. I compiled it on my Dell Optiplex in a
Debian Slink environment using:

cc -o mii-diag mii-diag.c

However I'm guessing it could have been compiled under just about any
linux (or even Unix). It runs on the Debian Slink I compiled it on,
and I also ran it under the Leaf Oxygen that my web server runs on.
You should be able to run it under Bering.

I highly recomment you try that 3com board I lent you with one of
your dlink boards if you are still having trouble.

Tim