oh, and I started out from scratch with a new network.conf too.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Charles
Steinkuehler
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 4:01 PM
To: Alec Miller; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [leaf-user] Dachstein-CD eth3 / DMZ error

> I managed to get the 'IP filters: /etc/init.d/network:
[B/sbin/ipchains: not
> found' error gone by replacing the ipfilter.conf and networks file
with new
> ones.
>
> but am still have the invalid port service error.....before I redo a
new
> network.conf does this bug still exist??
>
> Re: [Leaf-user] 4 NIC LRP -Dachstein CD- only one internal IP forwards
> internet

http://www.mail-archive.com/leaf-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg05123.htm

Yes, I believe this bug still exists (at least it's still in the latest
Dachstein release I'm running)...good job finding this on the mailing
list...I'd forgotten about that bug, and my development server with the
todo & bug lists is still off-line after my big office move at the end
of last month :<

Anyway, if you want to continue to use a private DMZ (your other option
would be Static-NAT or Proxy-ARP), you can play guinea pig and try the
following...

You'll need to change the DMZ_reverse_masq procedure in
/etc/ipfilter.conf...it's got the only reference to INTERN_IF in the
whole file, so it's easy to find.  Find the following lines which
provide reverse-masquerading for port-forwarded DMZ connections when
accessed from the internal network:

  # For internal connections
  $IPCH -A forward -j MASQ -p $1 -s $DMZ_NET $DST_PORT \
    -d $INTERN_NET -i $INTERN_IF

Change to the following to support multiple internal networks:

  # For internal connections
  for NET in $INTERN_NET; do
    $IPCH -A forward -j MASQ -p $1 -s $DMZ_NET $DST_PORT \
      -d $NET
  done; unset NET

This change should allow multiple internal networks with a private DMZ.

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net