On Monday 12 August 2002 05:59, Luis.F.Correia wrote:

> You must boot from MSDOS6.x.

Nope, but you must drop the lock if using a Win9x boot disk,
however using msdos6.x is easier... check Charles harddrive
howto.

> Then use syslinux with '-s' flag.
>
> I even had to use syslinux 2.00-pre6 because my CF refused to boot
> with other older versions of syslinux.

I've done about 20 CF disks with syslinux 1.66 (as have other people
I know). Some later releases may not work as I haven't used a later
version.

> One other thing, try to use the device as primary master. It works a
> LOT better.

Yep, setting up a non-*nix based OS to boot from a non-primary partition
is asking for frustration!

The 25Meg partition limit with the DOS fs is a commonly forgotten
limitation when using larger disks.
--

~Lynn Avants
aka Guitarlynn

guitarlynn at users.sourceforge.net
http://leaf.sourceforge.net

If linux isn't the answer, you've probably got the wrong question!