On Wednesday 14 August 2002 14:51, Alec Miller wrote:
> actually I'd like to make a correction to this last e-mail.
>
> I did some double checking and a lot of rebooting.
>
> I *can* access the DMZ from both my internal nets (eth1 and eth3).
>
> I can type the private IP address of the DMZ server into the web
> browser and I have pages come back.  But, entering in the Public IP
> address of the DMZ server  into the web browser yeilds no response
> (from the internal nets).

The standard ipspoofing rules included in our stock firewalls block
internal machines from using the public ip address of the router.
If this was not this way, anyone on the internet could spoof your
router's external ip address and access everything as if they were
your router.... on internal machines, use the internal ip address.

> I can ping the public IP from inside the internal net(s).  But
> computers outside my own network(s) can not ping the public IP. The
> router can ping the additinal IP on the external interface.

OK, but can you access the DMZ service???
Have you opened the port(s) on the firewall and port-forwarded them
to the DMZ???

See the FAQ:
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=10418&group_id=13751

I hope this helps!
--

~Lynn Avants
aka Guitarlynn

guitarlynn at users.sourceforge.net
http://leaf.sourceforge.net

If linux isn't the answer, you've probably got the wrong question!