On Sun, 18 Aug 2002, Robert Williams wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am attempting to set up an apache web server on a DMZ. I am using
> Dachstien 1.02 which has been working flawlessly for months and months.
> My question is this. I am I supposed to be able to access my web server
> from my private network via the external IP address?

No, you are not supposed to be able to.

> If I should be able
> to I have a config problem that I just can't figure out.

You don't.  Use the internal address from internal clients.  Use your own
internal dns server (such as tinydns) to lie about the ip address of the
external name to your internal clients if you need to.

DCN:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        Basics: ##.#.       ##.#.  Live Go...
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing