Lee-
        I briefly had one working in WISP-DIST using the hostap_plx driver, BUT
you need to upgrade the firmware on the card for all the goodies to
work. I purchased the combo pack from TigerDirect for $80 which includes
two PCI/Wifi cards (USR 2415 and 2445). They seem to be an Intersil 2.5
reference implementation and could probably be flashed with any Intersil
firmware. The one strange thing is that the 2415 is a 5v part whereas
the 2445 is a 3.3v part. Dunno why USR did this...
        Mine were shipped with firmware 0.7 or 0.8, USR has an upgrade to 1.03
availible. You, of course, need winblows to flash the card.

Good luck.