[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am experiencing this ... When the wisp-dist is in AP mode, both the client and the
> AP show they are associated.   When I ping the AP from the laptop ( client ) The
> Access Point Statistics for wlan0:  show it is receiving the ping pkts, but are not
> transmitting
>
> eg.
> xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (): silence=13  signal=110  rate=20  flow=0
>                       TX: 0kb RX: 258kb
>
> I have confirmed the antenna socket I am plugged into is working and works if I use
> either the TT v3.xxx  firmware or station-server

So, did you try changing the socket or not? The fact that it works in TT doesn't
mean it would with WISP-Dist (driver difference). I actually doubt that this is
the problem now, since the station associated without problems.

Please run "tcpdump -i netcs0 -n" on the AP, and try to do ping from the laptop.
That would prove that ICMP packets are really received by the kernel.

> Any ideas?
>

> On 20 Aug 2002 at 23:47, Vladimir I. wrote:
>

>>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote about "[leaf-user] wisp-dist img / build 2312 --- can't
>get AP mode to pass traffic over TT 100mW cards":
>>

>>>wisp-dist build 2312
>>>
>>>I have loaded the 2312 flash image on the new TT board and also on the Soekris
>>>board.  I am using the new 100mW higher power card.
>>>
>>>They pass traffic in infrastructure / client mode but not in AP mode.  If I use
>station-
>>>server or TT firmware for AP, the wisp-dist client works but not in AP mode.
>>
>>I noticed that only one of the antenna sockets works in TT's high
>>power cards, at least in Access Point (Master) mode. This may be
>>your problem as well. Let me know.
>>

>>>I have seen it mentioned it may have something to do with the new pcmcia controller
>>>on these two boards.  I am not sure.
>>
>>2312 should support PCMCIA controllers on both new TT and Soekris
>>out of the box.
>>

>>>Also, the RSSI reading in client mode just sits at 100% whether connected or not.
>>>figure this is a problem with the driver talking to the card.
>>
>>Well, TT's high power cards are strange in the way they report
>>values. I never ran TT's high power in client mode (yet),
>>however, in AP mode I see that TX power level that it reports is
>>endlessly jumping from high to low. It doesn't affect operation
>>in any other way, though.
>>
>>Nevertheless, client statistics are reported correctly when the
>>card is in AP mode.
>>
>>--
>>Best Regards,
>>Vladimir