Hello Erich

your ISP may expect your external NIC to have a specific MAC address. You may
consider trying to use the same NIC connected to the ISP's line (physically
removing the NIC from the old router and plugging it in the new one) or
configuring the new NIC to publish the old MAC address.

According to my experience with Cablecom you can also call the support and
have them setup your cable modem to accept a new NIC. Allegedly with Cablecom
MAC addresses are stored for 24 hours, so after that period a new NIC can be
given out a lease.

Hope this helps to solve your problem.

Regards,

Kiril