On Fri, 06 Sep 2002 14:26:45 -0400 Bao Ha wrote:

> Has anybody gotten a response from Nagasaki?  I sent an inquiry
> and have not received any responses yet.  I am intrigued about
> the MS-2300 and also want to see if I can get the MS-2100 with
> dual ethernets or more.

I sent an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and received a response the
next day (26-Aug-2002):

> Hi Brad,
>
>  Yes, I would like to attach our MS-2300 mini server data sheet for your
>  reference. We can sell 533Mhz MS-2300 mini server now. (But only 10 pcs in
>  our stock), please confirm.
>
>  Also you can contact with our distributor in USA, I would like to attach
>  contact information are as follows:
>
>  Attn : Melinda Morales
>  Nagasaki IPC Technology
>  1691 Lake Drive West
>  Chanhassen, MN. 55317
>  Ph: 952-361-9975
>  Fax: 952-361-3794
>  E-mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>  Regards
>
>  Andy

A PDF spec sheet was attached.  I have included a plain-text
version (pdftotext output, complete with >72 character lines)
below my signature.  The case pictures looked like the one at
http://www.lex.com.tw/case-light.htm

Melinda followed up later that day with a quote.  The price was
over $450 ea. :(

--Brad

 MS-2300L  P-III equivalent Low Power 800Mhz thin client

 MS-2300L Thin Client

      ß  PIII equivalent Low Power
       800 Mhz CPU on board
      ß  Chipset : VIA 8601, 686B
      ß  VGA : Trident 8MB VRAM
      ß  LAN : 1 LAN for MS-2300L or
                                Rear I/O ports
                 3 LAN for MS-2300LLL
      ß  USB : 3 x USB ports
                 (1 at front, 2 at rear)
      ß  COM : 2 x COM ports
      ß  Audio : Microphone, Speaker,
                   and Line-in
      ß  SBC Card :  NASA-6112
      ß  60W external power adapter
      ß  Aluminum housing and plastic
        Front

  P-III Equivalent 800Mhz Low Power Thin Client  With CPU / VGA / LAN / Audio /
Chassis / Power supply

       General specifications

       CPU / Cache / FSB-133                             Serial ports : 2 x COMs
                        Mainboard Dimension
       Embedded PIII equivalent Low Power  800Mhz        2xCOM ports
                          - 203 x 146 mm (Embedded EBX SBC)
       CPU built in with L1 and L2 cache 192KB at
       133Mhz Front Side Bus for vibration and shock     USB : 3 x USB
                        Material of Chassis
       resistance.                                       3 x USB ports (1 at the front
and 2 at rear panel)     - Aluminum alloy housing and plastic front
       CPU power consumption : only 11W.                 Compact Flash Socket (CF)
                        Storage / Drive Bay :
       System Chipset                                    Support compact flash type I
and II                    -  1 drive bay for : 2.5" slim size HDD
       VIA VT 8601A and VIA VT82C686B chipset
                         -  1 Compact Flash Socket
       support FSB 133 , 3D/2D VGA  with SMA 8MB         DiskOnModule
                         -  1 x DOC socket
       video memory                                      Support DOM up to 288MB
                         -  1 x 40pin for IDE 40pin DOM
       BIOS
                         -  1 x 44pin for IDE 44pin DOM
       Award/AMI BIOS, 256KB (Flash) EPROM               DOC Socket (DiskOnChip)
       Green Function                                     - 1 x DOC socket on board
                        Power Supply - external 60W
       power saving supported
                        External power adapter 60W
                                                         Parallel Port - LPT / printer
port
       SDRAM Memory                                      1xSPP, EPP and ECP mode.
                        Power Requirements - ATX connector
       1 x 168-pin DIMM support 512MB PC133/PC100
                        +/-5V & +/-12V by ATX power
       PCI Enhanced IDE with Ultra DMA                   Keyboard and Mouse Connectors
       supports 2 ports and up to 4 ATAPI devices,       external PS/2 KB/Mouse port
(2-in1 mini DIN)          Operating Temperature
       Ultra DMA transfer rates 66MB/sec                 onboard AT Keyboard port
(5-pin box header)           0 to 55°C (32 to 131°F)

       VGA :  Video Display Controller                   System Monitoring and Alarm
                        Ordering Information
       Chipset                                           Chipset  VT82C686B
       Trident chip support AGP 4x  and CRT with SMA     For CPU & System Temperature,
System                  MS-2300L     (1 x LAN)
       8MB VRAM, 3D/2D
       DVD MPEG-2                                        Mechanical Construction :
                        MS-2300LLL (3 x LAN is optional )
       support real time DVD MPEG-2  video playback
                        NASA-6112 (mainboard only)
                                                         Front Panel :
                        Thin Client Mini Server with Low Power
       Display Type                                       -  Power switch, 1 x USB
port on front               800 Mhz With VGA / LAN / Audio /
       CRT (VGA, SVGA, XGA, SXGA)                         -  LED for : HDD / LAN /
Power LED                   Chassis / Power supply
                                                          -  Audio Speaker and
Microphone-in on front
       LAN Network Interface Controller
                        Other Optional Item:
       Chipset                                           Rear Panel :
                         -     128M / 64M SDRAM
       1 or 3 x Realtek 8100B support 1 or 3 x 100/10     -  PS/2 Keyboared and Mouse
       Mbp Ethernet function with auto-negotiation.       -  2 x USB, 2 x Serial port
/ 1 Parallel              -     16/32/64MB DOM or DOC
                                                          -  3 x RJ-45 port, 1 x VGA
port                       -     HDD 10-20GB
       Audio - Sound
       Realtek ALC201A AC97 support high quality 3D      Chassis Dimension
       stereo audio sound                                    220 (W) x 165 (D) x 42
(H) mm