Support Requests item #606429, was opened at 2002-09-08 20:16
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=213751&aid=606429&group_id=13751

Category: Release/Branch: Bering
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I have a router whith Bering, and now I try to get access
to it throug SSH - but I do experience some problems -I
can' t get through the Shorewall with FTP either -  I
follow the installation guide, and the Users guide, but it
don't seem to work anyway - are ther any known issues
around this?

Comment By: Manfred Schuler (mschuler)
Date: 2002-09-10 01:25

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=490757

It seems that sshd is not running.
sshd is not enabled in inetd.conf and the file /etc/init.d/sshd
contains this lines:

#Comment out and edit /etc/inetd.conf to run as a stand alone server
echo "Secure Shell server via inetd: sshd"
exit 0

So sshd is not started. You have to decide, if you start sshd by inetd
or by initscript.

When started by inted, connecting to LEAF takes more time, because the
session key must be generated by sshd before connecting.

Starting by initscript consumes some memory, because sshd is always running,
even when you are not logged in.

You must either comment the echo and exit line in /etc/init.d/sshd
or uncomment the #ssh line in /etc/inetd.conf.

Manfred

Comment By: Tom Harr Jakobsen (harjakob)