On Wednesday 04 September 2002 15:39, you wrote:
> Hi Jacques,
>
> I've been playing around with the Bering distribution of LEAF and I've hit
> a brick wall when trying to find good documentation about bridging. I'm
> relatively new to linux and LEAF but I'm experienced with Unix so this is
> driving me nuts!
>
> It seems to me (and about 10 friends of mine who all want to do it if I can
> figure it out) that an incredibly great use for LEAF is as a very simple
> home broadband router. Now in the default configuration with 2 ethernet
> cards it works great (I've got it running on one of my spare P200s now) but
> I'd like to ditch the hub. I'm trying to add a 3rd or 4th network card and
> bridge eth1, eth2 and eth3 all together so that clients can be plugged into
> any of them and still get DHCP'd addresses and have access to the internet.
>
> There is lots of documentation about setting up a DMZ, but nothing out
> there about bridging the extra cards. I'm sure it is easy as pie but I just
> can't find anything. I figured I'd write to you and see if you knew of any
> sites since you seem to have the *best* LEAF documentation available!
>
> Any assistance you might be able to provide would be great!!!

Neil:
The bridging part of Bering is indeed poorly documented.
I am looking for volunteers to write up a chapter on this in the Bering
user's guide. No success so far :-(
I hope you have at least read this:
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/jnilo/bridge.html
also
http://bridge.sourceforge.net/
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/Bridge/
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/networking.html#NETBRIDGE

Also please post your request to the Leaf user list. You can get better
feedback from there.

Jacques