* [EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [020912 06:33]:

> Why is so hard to put something is startup ?

Hard?  Not hard at all! ;)

> Like, all i want, i want the PCMCIA to be intialized first, and after
> that, the networking.

Yes, this is how I have my Bering laptop install configured.
I changed the default:

  RCDLINKS="2,S13 3,S13 4,S13 5,S13 6,K87"

It is now:

  RCDLINKS="S,S13"

Very easy.  This'll initialize pcmcia before networking.
Don't forget to backup the pcmcia.lrp package.

> Of course, i'll need something to be executed after everything is
> configured, like custom firewall rules, routing stuff... etc..

What I did is create /etc/init.d/rc.local with:

  RCDLINKS="2,S99"

near the top.

> Any other way that RCD ?

Why?  This is the easiest way... really! ;).