cc the list

I will put together a more detail description when we have
completed this project.  We have 3 LEAF based machines
that I want to move to rackmount form factors (2 routers,
1 DNS server)

Ordered 2u Rackmount cases from
http://www.mpcparts.com/prodspecs/050129.asp
price - $ 90.00

Ordered IDE->CF interface from
http://www.pcengines.com/cflash.htm
I used the plug-in type CFDISK.5B (it was the cheapest),
but you don't get the option to mount the CF in an
accessible spot like a drive bay.
price - $ 13.00 each

Ordered 32 meg Compact Flash from
http://www.surpluscomputers.com
Price - $ 15.95 each

Prices do not include any tax or shipping.  Shipping
was really only a factor for the case ($69.72 for
2-2u and 2-4u cases).

Used existing Pentium computers for the hardware
which will go into the rackmount case.  We are
still putting this part together, and still need
to decide if we should have gotten the rail kits
with the rack mount cases.  We are going to be
using Pentium 200 motherboards that have dual
AT/ATX power connectors.  These rackmount cases
accept either motherboard type, but the power
connections appear to favor ATX.

>>> Dan Broscoi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 09/16/02 03:23PM >>>
Hello Doug,

DH> I have installed a LEAF distribution on a CF - IDE
DH> setup at home in preparation for doing the same
DH> for our production LEAF routers at work.

Can you tell me some details about your routers ?

I'm interested in this area of LRP, planning to develop
some user interface.

--
Best regards,
 Dan                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]