Hi!

I have wondered why my firewall never updates it's hw or sys clock
although it should. I found that the updatetime script in
/etc/multicron-d doesn't work.

updatetime () {

        [ -f /etc/default/rcS ] && . /etc/default/rcS
        [ "$GMT" = "-u" ] && GMT="--utc"
        if [ -n "`ps axc | grep xntpd`" ]; then
                hwclock --systohc $GMT
        else
                [ "$lrp_DATE_SERVER" != "" ] \
                        && rdate -s $lrp_DATE_SERVER \
                        && sleep 2 && hwclock --systohc $GMT
        fi
}

This code will ALWAYS go into the first option of the if-statement.

The length of "`ps axc | grep xntpd`" will always be non-zero because
'grep xntpd' will be launched as a new process due to the pipe.

Since I'm not the sharpest mind concerning scripting, I humbly allow
anyone to make this script work correct. For my needs I can simply
remove the if-statement and run the rdate command, but..

/Anders