On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 02:28:33PM +0200, Elmar Gerwalin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for  lrp packages that contain rshd and/or telnetd.
> The configuration is described somewhere, but I can find no binaries for my
> bering box.

CMIIW but I do believe you can use the package from the Oxygen download
area... (?)

> Yes -  I know - the world is insecure and telnet and rsh, too.
> But I will see a "sniffer" if he manages to crawl under my table between my
> two PCs ;-)

Happy monitoring :)

> The sshd.lrp is too large for a floppy system and the configuration is not
> very easy (look at the dozens of mails with subject "sshd").

I'd suggest to slap in a second floppy drive then. I just built a
firewall like that. Works pretty good. Two floppies gives you room
enough for everything ssh-related and then some.

True there are a couple of steps involved in setting it up, but the
documentation *is*  pretty good:

http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/jnilo/openssh.html

explains sshd setup, *and* touches on two-floppy setup as well.

MHO: Go with sshd and two floppies. The first gives you *way* better
protection than telnet, and the second gives you space enough that you
dont have to count bytes...

HTH
Jon Clausen