Way, way back in May, Kim Oppalfens wrote:

http://www.mail-archive.com/leaf-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg06637.html

>As soon as I remove the LRP variable from syslinux.cfg
>My system refuses to boot telling me I attempted to kill init.

>It pretty much looks like it that he is not reading lrpkg.cfg at all.
>I have read the bering user guide and did everything in section 8 without
>success

>Any clues anyone???

And 5 long months later I'm having the same problem, although I'm just
trying for a 2-floppy setup before I burn a working image.

The first disk boots beautifully and prompts for floppy2, and things go
rapidly downhill from there:

LINUXRC: Installing - console=ttyS0: console=ttyS0(nf!) 19200:
19200(nf!) - Finished.
cat: /var/lib/lrpkg/root.pn.links: No such file or directory
cat: /var/lib/lrpkg/root.log.links: No such file or directory
Can't open /var/lib/lrpkg/root.dev.own
Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!

... I notice those first packages linuxrc wants to install are the first 'append'
lines in syslinux.cfg....

I've confirmed  both disks are 1680.

                        ....syslinux.cfg....

serial 0 19200
display syslinux.dpy
timeout 0
append console=ttyS0,19200 console=tty0
default linux initrd=initrd.lrp init=/linuxrc root=/dev/ram0
boot=/dev/fd0u1680:msdos diskwait=yes PKGPATH=/dev/fd0u1680

                        ....lrpkg.cfg....

root,etc,local,modules,shorwall,dnscache,weblet,beep,lncurses,lrdline2,bas
h,libz,sshd

Can anyone point out what the problem may be?

Thanks, Ben