Dominik Strnad wrote:

>HI, sorrry
>I dind't catch whole case but I had big problems with WISP annd loadable
>modules.
>Solution is to get source codes for WISP - available at download pages (for
>latest release are not available, take sources from previous release) unpack
>to /usr/src/ and compile modules by
>
>gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -O6 -c module.c -I/usr/src/wisp-dist
>
>This produce module.o which you can test by INSMOD module.o
>
>This help me with my problems with 3c509.o (kernel panic error)
>You can compile on any Linux distribution with gcc instaled, I did it on RH
>7.2.

So i downloaded the WISP 2290 kernel source as you suggested.  I built
the whole kernel tree, copied the 3c509.o from it into the WISP system.
 It insmoded OK and all seemed to be going well.  When i reboot pump
crashes the system during boot.  (i set the wired card to get its ip
from my dhcp server)

What's involved in replacing the whole kernel?