I noticed the same error while backing up shorewall on rc4. This problem was not present in rc3. This is error echo on each backup attempt:

Creating shorwall.lrp Please wait: |tar: var/lib/shorewall: No such file or directory

Afterwards, a successful backup takes place.

Shed.

Troy Aden wrote:
Thanks for the quick response.
My problem is occurring with the Bering rc4. I downloaded the image that
was just released.
I did not try to replace any existing files. I simply entered all of my
information into the
Configs. I am not sure if this is "upgrading" because I did not try and
retain any files from rc3. This is based on a clean install of Bering Rc4.
I found this link that alludes to the same problem that I am having.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=cache:7DlfPCFeJc4C:mail.shorewall.net/pipermai
l/shorewall-users/2002-July/001910.html+/var/lib/shorewall/functions+does+no
t+exist&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

It was basically concluded in this post that this was a Bering specific
problem with how it
is backing up shorewall. I am not sure if this is a Bering bug or not. Any
ideas?

Troy