On Fri, 01 Nov 2002 19:38:35 CST Jeff Greer wrote:

> dmesg
> <snip>
> PCI: PCI BIOS revison 2.10 entry at 0xfb5f0, last bus=1
> PCI: System does not support PCI
> <snip>
>
> The MB is a L7SOM
> http://www.ecs.com.tw/products/l7som_3x.htm
>

> I wonder if it has something to do with the shared memory or something.?.?
> <shrug> At least I was able to get it down to 8MB instead of 32MB.

Hmm.  After reading
  http://mail.seaplace.org/pipermail/teamlambchop/2002-June/000898.html
my guess is that your motherboard doesn't get along well with
2.4.18.  It would be interesting to see what happens with the
kernel PCI detection if you compile an unpatched 2.4.19 kernel
and boot it.  Weird.

--Brad