Hi all,
     Today I try to set my bering box to alert me when the connection from my firewall
to router down. I found that in "System Configuration" and "Master LRP Setting" has
lrp_PING_HOSTS option and I config them like this..

##################################
# Host SMTP server for the 'mail' command. If blank the host 'mail' is used.
lrp_MAIL_SERVER="mail.mymail.com"

# Email address to use for notices and alerts. If blank alerts won't be sent.
lrp_MAIL_ADMIN="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

# Server that will be contacted via 'rdate' for the time service daily.
# Turning this on also updates the CMOS clock
lrp_DATE_SERVER="time.nuri.net"

# List of hosts to ping check. ADMIN will be sent mail if any fail.
lrp_PING_HOSTS="1.1.1.1"
##################################

     I try to test my configuration by set lrp_PING_HOSTS="1.1.1.1" that my firewall
should send mail to me because my firewall can't ping 1.1.1.1 absolutely.
     However I try to send mail from my firewall to my email manually by use mail
command to make sure that my firewall can connect to my email server like this

##################################
myfirewall: -root-
# mail -s test [EMAIL PROTECTED]
test
ipsfw: -root-
#
     When i check my email I found that that mail was sent to me. So now I don't know
that why my firewall don't send email to me from lrp_PING_HOSTS option... Please help
me.....^){([8bAzE&z
y!yޞm)r^izXXW~X(~zwilqzlX)ߣ^iz!W~-?v?v&jvzݡȝu٥