Look at the differences in the routing tables of the Linux host on eth2 and ISDN router #2. I bet you will find that the Linux host knows that the LEAF router's eth2 IP address is its route to 192.168.1.0/24, but that the ISDN router #2 does not know this. (I am assuming here that the LEAF router is NOT set to NAT traffic from the eth1 network to the eth2 network.) The ISDN router may not even know that the LEAF router's eth2 IP address is its default gateway.

If I'm wrong ... and if no one else chimes in with an "obvious" answer ... then we need a more complete characterization of the LEAF router's configuration then you have provided. Consult the SR FAQ (listed below) for how to provide this.

Also, try putting the Linux host on the eth2 LAN with a different IP address this time, and using it to sniff traffic. See if the pings get *to* the ISDN #2 router, but the ping *replies* do not get back to the LEAF router.