Thank you very much. Where should I set static IP for this computer 192.168.1.203.. Editing file /etc/hosts and puting 192.168.1.203 instead of 192.168.1.254 would be enough?

Thanks for help
Andrey

Charles Steinkuehler wrote:

C. Dummy wrote:

Hi I'm running Dachstein 1.02 with pppoe and with printer server(protocol RAW port 9100). I'd like to put thttpd server on 192.168.1.203 box behind lrp box. I know I have to edit network.conf on lrp box to allow traffic to web server on 192.168.1.203. My question is what packages I should load to 192.168.1.203 except thttpd and www-data to get this box running on static IP 192.168.1.203 and to not run as another router. Is there any simple way to edit network.conf and ipfilter.conf to achieve this? Should I remove ipfilter.conf from this box ? Did anybody tried to do anything like that if yes can someone direct me to some readme? I don't need dhclient, dhcpd, dnscache and weblet I think. Charles site shows only how to do that right on lrp box.
Thanks for help

To run Dachstein as a basic server system, you only need the "core" packages: root, etc, local, modules, and ramlog (log on earlier versions).

To prevent any firewall rules from loading, simply set IPFILTER_SWITCH=none in /etc/network.conf.

You'll probably also want to set IF_AUTO="eth0" as well, since you'll likely only have a single NIC.