Hi Lynn

At 14:25 17.11.2002 -0600, you wrote:

> I wou like to get a general feeling about allowing write to the file
> system for cgi-scripts in weblet. Is is reasonable to do that opening
> grsecurity for the various scripts or rather implementing a sudo like
> binary which is allowed to write.

I would suggest trying the su-wrapper binary I've compiled (still
not fully tested. The security risks in doing this via scripts is
mind-boggling. The binary and readme is attached.
Thanks I'll give it a try.

> Is grsecurity a problem at all for this?
I don't believe so.
Would you not think that the ACL's which are supported with grsecurity would be a perfect means for such a protection. I have not played with it but the little bi I gathered from their documentation sounded real attractive.

Erich

THINK
Püntenstrasse 39
8143 Stallikon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024 8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16