On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Thomas Boore wrote:

> I am new to LPR, but I have been working with linux for years.

lpr is a common printing command in *nix.

LRP is an ancestor project of LEAF.

LEAF is the topic here.

> I have Charter pipeline, they assign Ip using the Hw address of the nic
> card, so there is no login for user name and password.

You need to use a dhcp client... Bering comes with the "pump" package.

> What is the best way to uses the LPR and which modulars?  I am looking at
> the Bering.
>
> The Computer is P-233Mhz, 3c905, kne2000, 128 mb of ram.

3c905 has come in a few versions.  Depending on the variant, 3c59x.o
(possibly with pci-scan.o) or 3c905.o may be required.

NE2000 comes in ISA and PCI versions, needing ne.o or ne2k-pci.o
respectively.  Both of these need 8390.o before they will work.

I suggest you follow the Bering Installation guide, and peruse the User's
Guide for ideas.

DCN:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        Basics: ##.#.       ##.#.  Live Go...
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing