Eric found this bug in Bering-v1.0-stable ipsec.lrp and ipsec509.lrp packages
This bug only affects people trying to use ipsec through the ppp interface.
It was corrected in rc4 but the wrong patch was applied to "stable".
This is now corrected and I just uploaded the corrected ipsec.lrp and
ipsec509.lrp in the stable/packages directory.

Jacques