Support Requests item #643034, was opened at 2002-11-24 12:56
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=213751&aid=643034&group_id=13751

Category: Release/Branch: Bering
Group: None

Initial Comment:
During boot, I get the messages:
ipsec_setup: Starting
FreeS/WAN IPsec 1.99...
ipsec_setup: kernel appears
to lack KLIPS
ipsec_setup: OOPS, should have aborted.
Broken shell.

Help- what am I doing
wrong?

"uname -a" gives "Linux Firewall 2.4.18 #1
Sun Nov 10 17:40:20 UTC 2002 i586 unknown".

Hardware is a P75 (IBM 330) with 16Mb RAM.
The
system contains IDE CD and HDD and I have put the ide*.o
files into initrd.lrp and /boot/etc/modules but I'm not yet using
them for anything.

I have created a 2-floppy Bering
with all the *.lrp (other than initrd.lrp) on the second disk.
Second disk also contains ipsec.lrp (not the ipsec509
version) found at
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/jnilo/bering/latest/packages/
and mawk.lrp found at
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/cstein/Packages/mawk.htm

It
also has (in case it's significant) the sshd.lrp and libz.lrp found
at http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/jnilo/.

None of
these additional packages are configured yet- their configs
are "factory". I'm presuming the above error makes it not
worth trying yet...

Hope someone can see my
flaw,

Graham