I'm using port sentry on my LRP box.  The otherday it blocked someone
attempting to access port 1080 (not used), then port 25(redirect to our mail
server).  He came back the next day and tried port 25 again, but he was
still blocked by the firewall rules.

I thought I read somewhere there is a way to capture via tcpdump some of the
packet information and write it to a file or syslog when a packet is
dropped.  Is this possible?  Can someone point me in a direction for
research?

I'm feeling uneasy that I don't know what this person was/is attempting.

Thank you in advance.

Michael Bacon
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Network Admin.
Valley Medical Center, PPLC

THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS E-MAIL IS CONFIDENTIAL AND INTENDED ONLY
FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED.  IF YOU ARE NOT THE
INTENDED RECIPIENT, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY USE, DISSEMINATION,
DISTRIBUTION OR COPYING OF THIS COMMUNICATION IS PROHIBITED.  IF YOU HAVE
RECEIVED THIS E-MAIL IN ERROR, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY THE SENDER BY
RETURN E-MAIL OR CALL VALLEY MEDICAL CENTER, PLLC AT 1-888-884-4155, EXT
6203 AND DELETE THIS E-MAIL, ANY ATTACHMENTS, AND ALL COPIES.