Check the docs at:
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/jnilo/bubooting.html#AEN1119

You need to copy the ide*.o modules to the /boot/lib/modules directory
and edit the /boot/etc/modules to load the modules at boot time (get to
this thru the initrd package configuration menu) and then back up the
initrd package.

The only package loaded at this early a stage in the boot process is
the initrd.lrp.  You need the ide modules to be contained in that
package, and to preload the ide modules after the initrd package is
loaded so that the IDE interface is available for loading the additional
packages.

HTH...Michael

>>> Hien Le <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 12/12/02 02:04PM >>>
Hi,

I can't seem to get Bearing on my IDE working.  Please help.  Here are
the
steps I have done:

1.  Have a stable Bearing version on a floppy disk with ide modules
(ide-mod.o, ide-disk.o, ide-probe-mod.o)
2.  Run lrcfg to edit modules to include all ide modules in the order
above.
Back-up everything except log.
3.  Create a primary active partition (20 MB) on a hard drive and
format it
with FAT16
4.  Copy the Bearing above to C:
5.  At DOS prompt, syslinux -s c:
6.  Edit syslinux.cfg to change all fd0u1680 to hda1.  Save it.
7.  Reboot

Bearing boots up fine until it starts LINUXRC.  At that poin, it tries
look for a floppy, but can't find it because there isn't a floppy in a
floppy drive.  It then fails with a "Kernel panic" error.  Everything
stops.
Is there a different kernel that supports IDE?

Am I missing anything?  Please help.  Thank you.