On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Joshua Klein wrote:

> I recently found that /etc/shorewall/modules referenced a number of modules
> needed by the firewall. Of them, a number were not listed in /lib/modules.
> These were:
>
> ip_tables
> iptable_filter
> ip_conntrack
> iptable_nat
>
> ip_conntrack and ip_tables were referenced in dmesg after booting, but I
> couldn't find them  listed in /lib/modules. Is this just a red herring - are
> these already compiled into the kernel

Assuming you are referring to Bering, yes.

> - or is this a potential contibution to existing networking problems?

No.

[...]

If you _are_ dealing with problems that you think are related to
masquerading, you might want to confirm that support for ftp and irc is
loaded (I think this is included in the default image):

# lsmod
[...]
ip_nat_irc              2384   0 (unused)
ip_nat_ftp              2960   0 (unused)
ip_conntrack_irc        3056   1
ip_conntrack_ftp        3824   1
[..]

DCN:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        Basics: ##.#.       ##.#.  Live Go...
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing