WARNING: if you do an upgrade, make sure you add "rw"  in
/etc/syslinux.cfg line, like this:

default linux rw initrd=initrd.lrp init=/linuxrc root=/dev/ram0
boot=/dev/hda1,msdos,/dev/hda1,msdos rwfs=/dev/hda2 PKGPATH=/dev/hda1
LRP=root,zebra,net-snmp,sshd,netdiag,local

Blame kernel developers for changing the defaults in stable
kernel... I think I will apply a patch to the kernel in next
release in order to return it back to rw by default, so that
automatic upgrades from previous builds will still work.

--
Best Regards,
Vladimir