On Friday 20 December 2002 11:43 am, you wrote:
> Hello Lynn,
>
> what an honnour for me to be invited to to be member of the leaf-devel
> list! I am just a simple user who has a special idea what a linuxrouter is
> able to do: routing, firewalling, phone-answering-machine with
> sound-support, fax-server, email-server. For this I had configured an lrp
> 2.9.8 with an 1,7MB root.lrp file and booted from an ls120-drive. Actually
> my router runs as a diskless client.

Great! That's the first time that I've heard of doing an answering/voicemail
system on LEAF. The leaf-devel list is available to anyone, it simply keeps
development type questions in a more proper environment. I'm glad your
willing to participate!

> So first of all you receive the tgz of my (not working) bootdisk. I did
> not comment the changes, but I am shure that you will understand what I
> have done.

Any hints to what you have changed and intended to do would save a lot
of time searching. AFAIK, I won't have much time to look at it until early
January.

> By the way - What does the expression qt mean?

It is a environment variable to ease some scripting in LRP/LEAF.

> I do not know PXE. Maybe I will find some infos by googling.

It's from the Syslinux site and designed for diskless system booting as
opposed to Syslinux/Isolinux that work with local media.

> If you are interrested to I also can write a report about a really working
> answering machine, vgetty-voice-to-mail, vgetty-fax-to-mail, exim-faxserver
> and qpopper all working on a lrp-based system.

If you write it, I'm sure it could be added to the LEAF doc section.

> Have a good time, lucky christmas celebrations and a good slide into the
> new year.

Same to you (and everyone else) as well!  ;-)
--
~Lynn Avants
Linux Embedded Firewall Project developer