Le Vendredi 10 Janvier 2003 10:28, Gyula Turchányi a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have not work with Linux in last years. One time I was a Unix expert,
> but from 1995 I work mainly in MS environment. So I am not a very
> experimented Linux user.
>
> I have tried to install some Linux firewall product.
> Floppyfw recognized one of my network cards, but it is very poorly
> documented and after a point it was too difficult to configure it
> properly.
>
> Your product is much more documented.Thank you for it. But it not
> recognizes even the card working with floppyfw. I have checked the
> producer's home page, what driver I need: tulip.o
>
> I have inserted it to modules.lrp, and I have added
>
> tulip
>
> to modules.
> On dependency list (modules.dep) you state there is no prerequisite for
> the driver.
>
> I have got 4 unresolved symbol messages. After enabling scan-pci I have
> only 2:
>
> __out_of_line_bug
> gr_is _capable
>
> What should I modify?
>
> Thanks

There are two tulip drivers available:
The one in:
modules/2.4.18/kernel/drivers/net/tulip/tulip.o
This is the linux kernel original driver which does not require any other
module to work

The one in:
modules/2.4.18/net/tulip.o
This is Donald Becker's one which depends on pci-scan.o that needs to be
loaded first.

I am a bit worried by the gr_is_capable message which seems to be related to
grsecurity. Please confirm that you are using the 2.4.18 kernel.

Also post your message to the leaf-user list. No HTML please.

Jacques