> What does the value 32768 mean? Max. size of the conntrack table
> in bytes? Max. # of entries in the table?
I just found out that this value means the number (#) of connections. And
it's currently not set to 32768 (as I misleadingly wrote), it's set to
32760.
http://www.sns.ias.edu/~jns/security/iptables/iptables_conntrack.html says
that this is the default value for a 512MB RAM machine.
So it seems that my router can handle 32760 simultaneous connections. Do you
think this is enough for 200 clients and 20 servers?
Exact setup:

--------------
| LAN        |
|~100 clients|
|~20 servers |
--------------

---------   ---------    ----------
|Router |---|Firewall|---|Internet|
---------   ---------    ----------
 | |[...]
 | |
|about 20 small networks connected to the router |
|~100 clients                                    |

As you see, there are about 100 clients which are using the router only for
internet access and about 100 which are using the router to access our
servers AND the internet.

What do you think?

--
Sandro Minola