Matt,
I have set up some systems using IDE-CF adapters, and
am amazed at what seems to trip me up in various
configurations.  I had one motherboard that would not
boot the CF no matter what I did, until I found and updated
the bios (this was an older PII motherboard).  I currently
have a Pentium 100 system that boot with a 32 meg CF
ok, but when I tried with a 6 meg, it will not do it.  I'm
still working on that one.  So, here are some things to
try - update the bios, try another CF, try fdisk /MBR to
see if redoing the dos master boot record on the CF
does anything, try another motherboard, try the
autodetect and use the settings it finds instead of AUTO...
Good luck.
Doug
==================================
I'm getting a whole lot of nothing when trying to boot my
new SanDisk 64MB CF using an ACS IDE-CF adapter.

I set the BIOS IDE detection to Auto/Auto, and I left the jumper
on the IDE-CF adapter in default position indicating it would be
Master.  It's installed on the Primary IDE cable.

The BIOS found the CF..... detected as SDCFB-64.
That's all it said.

I bootded to DOS-6.22, fdisk'd a primary partition of 12MB
and made it active and rebooted and formatted c: /s.

I can reboot to DOS-6.22 off the floppy and copy and move files back
and forth from C to A and back.

But it won't boot.  The computer hangs right after post, as if the MBR
said go to paritition 1 and load the boot code which never happens.
No DOS6.22 message, nothing.

I spent hours trying syslinux and whatnot, to no avail.  1If I can't get
it to boot DOS, I don't think linux is going to do it.

So what is it?  Just the CF?  I could buy a smaller one,
maybe just 16 MB and see what happens.  (6.22 fdisk sees
it as 60MB not 64).

Thanks for any ideas,
matt