Karl Poglitsch wrote:
Just wondering, I haven't seen anything lately on any upgrades to Dachstein,
just a lot of chatter about Bering etc.

Has Dachstein been abandoned?
Not dead, really, just kind of in stasis. :)

While I have not had the free time lately to do much updating, the existing release is quite mature. The only major issues I'm aware of are on the CD version, which basically needs to be updated with the latest ssh, snmp, and maybe a few other packages. Since most folks working with the CD seem to be "power users" who burn their own images, I have perhaps not worried about this as much as I should.

I'm still running Dachstein on a number of production systems, as I have not yet overcome the inertia to migrate to IPTables/Shorewall/Bering.

I do, however, recommend Bering if you're just starting out with LEAF, as it is being actively developed.

--
Charles Steinkuehler