Hi Tom
Hi all

> >> A real "belt and suspenders" setup :-)
> > Sorry, I don't understand this saying. What does it mean? (must be funny
> > ;))
>
> It refers to a cautious man who wears a belt around his waist as well as
> suspenders (straps over his shoulders) to hold up his pants.
Ahh, ok. But this Bering router isn't a suspender which is installed
additionally to the belt (which would be the Firebox). We need this router
for LAN to LAN routing and it only does very basic packet filtering (like
'department A isn't allowed to talk to branch office B'). The internet
filtering is done on the Firebox.
We got several HDSL bridges which are now connected directly to our LAN and
we are going to install them behind this Bering router.
Refer to:
http://www.mail-archive.com/leaf-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg09628.html
We didn't use the D-LINK cards, we used COMPAQ NC3134/3135 4 Port cards.
This system as described in this mail is running now for 2 months without
problems, but without any filtering. I've already upgraded the OS to Bering
1.0.

If you are interested in other subjects related to this "mega"-router, you
may read:
http://www.mail-archive.com/leaf-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg12142.html

Thank you for your answers! Now, (I hope), everything is clear. Perhaps,
some more questions will come up, but I think everything should be clear.

so long
--
Sandro Minola           | LEAF Developer (http://leaf.sourceforge.net)
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]