--On Thursday, January 23, 2003 10:38 PM -0500 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I am trying to connect to my office PC with pcanywhere from a local home
lan using Bering.
I did a search and didn't come up with much.
opened tcp on port 5631 and udp on 5632.
"opened tcp on port 5631 and upd on 5632" is meaningless! What EXACT rules did you add?

-Tom
PS -- a search of the Shorewall Users list should turn up many posts on this subject.
--
Tom Eastep \ Shorewall - iptables made easy
AIM: teastep \ http://www.shorewall.net