On Thursday 06 February 2003 05:41 am, Laurentiu Drob wrote:
> Lynn Avants wrote:
> > It sounds as if your shared libraries are compiled for a path that are
> > NOT where the libraries are actually stored at on the LEAF box. This is
> > likely a compile time option.
>
> The error message says:
>     "... ulogd.c:449 load_plugins: /usr/lib/ulogd/ulogd_MYSQL.so -
> File not found"
> and that's where all the plugins are: in "/usr/lib/ulogd/". All
> plugins specified in ulogd.conf are loaded [BASE, LOGEMU,... those
> from ulogd-0.98/extensions directory], except MYSQL or PGSQL :( May be
> ulogd_MYSQL.so is not a shared library, although it looks like one :)
>   Who knows ...

OK, the program is looking for the *SQL.so files in /usr/lib/ulogd.
The "missing" *SQL.so files are found by hand in the /usr/lib/ulogd
directory. Right?

That would leave the options of the permissions being non-accessable
by the program (wrong error I would think though) OR the program is
actually looking for those shared libraries elsewhere. (hard-coded in the
binary)  Third option, you think they're there but they're not (unlikely  ;-).

I can't attempt it myself, since I don't have a machine (yet) running uClibc,
but I think these are the feasible options for the error. I may be able to
help more with a more verbatose logging of the error sequence and the
output of 'ls -al /usr/lib/ulogd/'.
--
~Lynn Avants
Linux Embedded Firewall Project developer