Hi,

The flashfxp util probably uses the passive ftp protocol. This will open some
higher port for the actual data connection.

What I had to do to get passive ftp up and running behind my bering firewall
was the following:

add the following lines to /etc/shorewall/rules

DNAT            net      loc:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx        tcp     20,21
DNAT            net:     loc:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx        tcp     60000:65535

with the xxx's your internal ftp server ip. Now tell your ftp daemon to use
the ports 60000 to 65535 for passive connections. I use proftpd and I added
the following to the /etc/proftpd.conf file: NOTE that with this setting you
open your FTP server for ALL internet hosts.

PassivePorts 60000 65535

see also http://proftpd.linux.co.uk/localsite/Userguide/linked/config-nat.html

I did not have to use the MasqueradeAddress setting reffered to in the above
URL.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Chera Bekker