> Well who would of thunk ?!
>
> Downgrading to 2.4.18-14 (stock RHAT 8.0 kernel) fixed it.
>
> I feel so much better.

Man, are you sure you are using modules that _perfectly_ match the
kernel you are booting?  I am quite sure there is something about the
natsemi driver in particular that makes it intolerant to being used on
different kernels.  Maybe search back through the archives of this
list.  I am fairly certain that this subject is the first one I posted
to this list when I got my soekris.