On Wednesday 12 February 2003 01:27 am, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Lynn Avants wrote:
> > On Tuesday 11 February 2003 09:28 pm, David Pitts wrote:
> > > That was the odd thing.  No error messages that I could see, it just
> > > didn't work on boot, although it was fine from the command line.
> >
> > OK, come to think about it there is another possible init problem that
> > I haven't considered. If two or more init scripts share the same
> > rc# only one of the scripts (or none) are run. If there is a conflict
> > with another script on the system, the udhcpd script may not be
> > run at all on boot.
>
> My understanding it is that the RCDLINKS data are converted to symbolic
> links in the various runlevel directories, and then the scripts are
> executed in alphabetical order.  Thus, where the rc#'s are the same, the
> scripts are run in alphabetical order as a fallback... which may or may
> not meet your sequencing requirements, but should never result in a script
> not being run.

That is what I thought to, but IIRC, I've run into something similar a year
or two ago ..... however I don't remember whether the conflict was with
a dependancy of not. I'm going to attempt to duplicate the error myself
and see what happens.

Dan: Could you send me a list of the packages you were using on your disk?
--
~Lynn Avants
Linux Embedded Appliance Firewall developer