From: Adrian Wooster [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 7:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [leaf-user] Bearing 1.1 winimage problems UPDATE

First of all - I want to support all the other comments on 1.1 release. I'm
a huge fan and have a growing base of customers who love it.

So on that basis I'm hopefully this is not a trivial finger issues on my
part. My head is getting scrambled at this point, but I can't see that I'm
doing anything wrong.

Excited that 1.1 became available that same day that I needed to build new
Baring system from scratch I quickly downloaded the winimage and started to
successfully create disks.

All went well until I tried to back-up the packages I'd altered. On every
occasion it claimed the disks had got sector problems on just about every
sector.

Just to check, I've retried this operation several times with no problems
with 1.0 on the same machine using the same batch of blank disks, but can
replicate the problem every time with the 1.1 image. I've even redownloaded
the image from multiple mirrors.

I'm trying to load CD ROM support to load additional lrps from bigger
medium.

At this stage, all I'm doing is:
        $ mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt
        $ cp /mnt/*.o /boot/lib/modules/.
        $ umount /mnt
        $ lrcfg
        Option 3.2 to edit initrd modules file

Nothing new is run at this stage, just simple used everyday commands.
Returning to the backup package screen and attempting to back-up anything
screws the floppy with sector errors everywhere.

Help please.
     Adrian