I've been using 8139too.o which I believe requires mii.o
  for a long time.
I forget the issues.

Chris Hackett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 02/18/2003 02:05:55 PM

To:   "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc:    (bcc: Phillip Watts/austin/Nlynx)

Subject:  [leaf-user] rtl8139.o and Bering 1.1

Hello List!

I'm trying to build a Bering 1.1 disk and am wondering if there are any
known issues with the rtl8139.o and the Bering 1.1 image?  I have put it in
the /lib/modules and made the appropriate mods to get it to load.  During
the boot process, I see something like this:

rtl8139 - using /lib/modules
insmod: unresolved symbol pci_drv_unregister
insmod: unresolved symbol pci_drv_register

I'm using the rtl8139.o in the same machine with the Eiger2Beta image, and I
don't see the unresolved symbol messages with that image.  Does anyone have
ideas?  Are these messages even important?  Or can they safely be ignored?

Also, after the image laods, when I log into the box, an "ip link" shows
only the 'lo" interface .. no eth0 or eth1 that I can find.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks!!
Chris Hackett