Folks-

I am currently using Bering to protect a simple home
LAN:

Internet

ADSL

Bering

Hub
 | |
PCs
(2: 1 Win & 1 Lin)

I have to move my Linux machine into a room that has
no easy way to get Cat 5 to it. I'm thinking about
getting a couple of Linksys wireless ethernet bridges
and using their point-to-point capability to connect
the Linux box to the LAN and to disallow other (bad
boyz) to attach. [Or so the brochure would have me
believe.]
My first shot at it looks like this:

Internet

ADSL

Bering

Hub --- WET11 . . . WET11 --- PC(Lin)

PC
(Win)

Assuming this works, how can I encrypt all the traffic
across that link?

Is IPSec a reasonable solution here?

Does the LAN-attached WET11 need to be hung off the
Bering box instead of the hub? (The FreeS/WAN
documentation has about two sentences that apply to
this situation and it shows a gateway machine on the
LAN side.)

Would IPSec encrypt *all* the ethernet chatter on the
link (as, I guess, WEP does) or just that associated
with a particular session with another box on the LAN?

-John