Hello Steve

> I know this question has probably been posted many times before, but I can't
> seem to find any solution out there.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a publicly available Web-based GUI for
> shorewall?  If so, what's a good one to use?

I have an alpha weblet version that among others supports parts of
shorewall
rules, masq, zones and interfaces.
But take care this uses Get and the weblet has to run as root to
change some of the settings

As we are trying to update the configuration database, the weblet will
be also changed  So no guarantee ;)

http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/ericw/bering/weblet.lrp
some information about the change of the setting in inetd you can
find at my site
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/ericw

Regards
Eric Wolzak