Le Dimanche 23 Février 2003 01:22, Ramiro Morales a écrit :
> Hello LEAF community,
>
> I wanted to share some notes about details I found while playing
> with Bering 1.1.
>
> There is no /etc/shorewall/OUTPUT file implementing the workaround
> for the icmp-dnat netfilter bug in the shorewall.lrp package
> included with Bering 1.1. I don't it in the packages downloadable
> from the official shorewall.net website either.
>
> That file was still included in the Shorewall 1.3.10 package as
> shipped with Bering 1.0.
>
> Is this file no longer necessary because a) Shorewall 1.3.14 and it's
> new handling of PING; b) the bug was fixed with the Netfilter patches
> included in the 2.4.20 kernel?
The answer is b). In fact the bug is fixed in the netfilter code of kernel
2.4.20.

> Two notes about the ulogd.lrp package:
>
> $ tar tzf ulogd.lrp
> usr/sbin/ulogd
> etc/ulogd.conf
> etc/cron.daily/ulogd
> etc/init.d/ulogd
> usr/lib/ulogd//       <------- this entry seems strange
> usr/lib/ulogd/ulogd_OPRINT.so
> usr/lib/ulogd/ulogd_LOGEMU.so
> usr/lib/ulogd/ulogd_BASE.so
> var/lib/lrpkg/ulogd.conf
> var/lib/lrpkg/ulogd.help
> var/lib/lrpkg/ulogd.list
> var/lib/lrpkg/ulogd.version

This is just because in /var/lib/lrpkg/ulogd.list you have a usr/lib/ulogd/
entry instead of usr/lib/ulogd.  This does not affect the process of
backuping the corresponding directory though. Only aesthetic pb :-)

> Also, /var/lib/lrpkg/ulogd.conf talks about an /etc/cron.weekly/ulogd
> file (in charge of rotating the /var/log/ulogd.log file) that isn't
> getting included in the current release of the package.

That is definitly a mistake of mine. The ulogd script in /etc/cron.weekly
should have been included in the ulogd.lrp package. It looks like:
# cat /etc/cron.weekly/ulogd

#!/bin/sh
# Save weekly LOGDEPTH versions of ulogd status file
LOGDEPTH=4
# status file name
LOGFILE=/var/log/ulogd.log

if [ -f $LOGFILE ]; then
        savelog -g wheel -m 640 -u root -c $LOGDEPTH $LOGFILE >/dev/null
        /etc/init.d/ulogd reload
fi

You must also declare etc/cron.weekly/ulogd in the /var/lib/lrpkg/ulogd.list
file

*** I have uploaded a new ulogd.lrp package in the 1.1 errata section which
fixes all these problems **

http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/jnilo/bering/1.1/errata/

Jacques